Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sand, Sun, and Lots of Fun...

Okay, y'all...Please excuse the terribly corny title...I just couldn't resist. :oD
Last week we stayed at a beach house on lovely Englewood Beach with our dear grandparents. :o) We had a great time swimming, fishing, watching dolphins, manatees, herons, pelicans, and just enjoying God's wonderful, miraculous Creation. Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful time you gave us together to rest from our work and count our many, many blessings!
(Okay, enough of the adjectives and adverbs...y'all get the picture!) :o)

Welcome back to the Beach House!!



They're off to a running start!!! :oP
Here, Mama! Look at my...sand??!




The end of one lovely day....
...And the beginning of another!! Y'all ready for breakfast?? :o)

 The fishermen are out bright and early... ;o)
 He was so proud!  He caught 7 fish - 1 was a puffer fish!! :o)
(Obviously not this one)
 My handsome Daddy :o)
 The...bait man?
 Good mornin', sir!

A...shell...or a piece of one. Someone must've  found it to be of great significance...at least enough to want a picture of it... :oP





Mmm....Comfy! :o)

 Deeda found about 80 shark's teeth :o)





 "Hmmm....Sand. I bet it tastes good."
 "Mmmm...yeeeah..."
 "Okay, maybe not..."
 "What are you lookin' at??"
"Ah well...Maybe some of that water would be better."

 Paradise!! :o)



Farlow's On the Water, a lovely steak and seafood restaurant
 The end of another beautiful day...
 ...And a glorious beginning to yet another.


 The little fishermen (and women..) :o)









I think this is an AmberJack - really pretty!
Supper time...:o)
Good mornin,' Mister...well ignore me then....fine!
(He must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.)
 Good mornin' to you, sirs! ;o)
There were about 10 dolphins jumping that morning. Really neat! :o)
He's quite graceful looking if you ask me... :o)
Well, paradise, see you next year, hopefully!



Phew! All this picture taking is making us sleepy!!!
Bye, bye Englewood!





"Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof."
Psalm 96:11

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Love the family group pictures. Just breathtaking! Wish we were there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls' swim suits are so adorable!

    I LOVE the pictures of your mamma with Nathaniel. Absolutely priceless~

    Y'all come and see us soon!
    Lovingly,
    ~Mallory~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, what a wonderful pictorial retelling of our mini-vacation! And yes, there is some photographic evidence that Grandma Sue and Grandmother made the trip! Really, I had a wonderful time, even though I wasn't out there in the . . . (dare I??) "Sand, Sun, and Lots of Fun"! It was wonderful. And those sunset pictures are breath-taking!

    Love,
    Grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. William,
    I love you. I had my birthday. Now I'm 4.
    I loved the pictures of the beach. Did you have fun? You found some shells! Swimming is fun!

    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. It looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

    Love,
    Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got around to looking at these and Mary you
    just get better and better. Pictures are so clear
    and you capture the best of us all. I don't know if I want you to get Grandma Sue so close and clear though! You should do wedding pictures for people someday.
    I'm just happy to have the memories and I had a wonderful time with everyone and was so glad I went. Just a GORGEOUS beach.
    Love YA!
    Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me envious. Pictures were beautiful and I could feel that inner tug in my gut wishing I was there with you guys with my toes in the sand and sun in my eyes. Miss the beach almost as much as I miss you guys! And Nathaniel? HOLY COW! The dude has taken the Bubba title away from any of the other Frodge grandsons. Can't believe how big the little guy is. The boys were all cute though. And the ladies were sun kissed beauties. Hope to see you all soon!!!

    Jason (Unkul Jaysun to all the yung'ns)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! That post brings back so many good memories for me! Englewood Beach is a perfect Florida setting and so private - just love it.

    That picture of Callie and Margaret jumping was great and Mr. chunker in the raft was adorable. CJ's getting to be quite the little man, whipping out his pocket knife to "make bait". You captured granddaddy's love of the water in those pictures. So glad the grandparents could join you for some memory making times!

    Don't need to say that we wish we could have hopped a plane, spent a couple of thousand and joined you, but, well, you know how it is...

    Love you so much!
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woops! It was Mama's blog where I saw the picture of Nathanial in the raft. I love that one, but I also loved the one of him from behind! Could a baby look any fatter than that? Also, the girls look just beautiful and the family pictures are gorgeous. Chris - you're a good daddy :)

    Love again,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We would LOVE to hear from you. Please leave us a comment!!