Friday, August 19, 2011

La torre!

"La torre? What is that supposed to mean? I mean, even if one did go to Google Translate 
{which is where I went}, "The tower" still doesn't do much self-explaining."

Well, to be quite honest, dear friends, the only reason I decided on "La torre" instead of "Bok Tower" for the title of my post is this:
If you--the visitor--were to see, "The Stricklens have updated their blog," and the post title was "Bok Tower," your response, {mentally of course, because I know none of my dear friends would actually be so rude as to moan such atrocities out loud} most likely, would be something like this:

"BOK TOWER??? Again??? How many times a year are those Florida freaks gonna go to Bok Tower? I mean, they act like walking around in the scorching heat looking at gardens and swans is fun or something!!
I mean c'mon, guys. We're sick and tired of all your pink and purple flower pictures, and the swans are really getting old!"

See, if I had decided to put "Bok Tower" as the title of my post, YOU may not be reading this right now.

Anyhow, I suppose since I have put a false notion into your head,
I must seek to restore the honor of my Bok Tower pictures. :)
Besides, this is only like the 5th or 6th time we've been this year! {Bwahaha!} :D
 Y'all do try to enjoy the pictures. I promise they aren't that bad.
By the end of the post, you may actually want to go yourself! ;);)





The Lord certainly doesn't do anything halfway! His Creation never ceases to amaze me. :)


When we come to Bok Tower, we love visiting Pinewood Estate--a beautiful old Spanish-style home with gorgeous lawns and gardens.




 Mama is always inspired when she comes here. ;)




They really should make a movie here. :D

The best picture I could get from the window. :) I love the old Spanish style!



 'Ello!
Nate thought the frog was the funniest thing he'd seen all day. :P ;)

Hmm...this looks like a good place for taking pictures. :D


 Us-uns. :)

Chilluns. :)


Abby... :)

Margie... :)

Cal Sue... :)



Yours truly.... ;)

{You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!!}


In which we attempt to get a picture of Mama and the boys.... :P

...and are eventually fairly successful :)

Mama and us girlies. :)






Margaret, being the only one willing to pose for the obnoxious camera person, is enjoying viewing the wildlife.
{Which you can see just as well outside of the little building, but why ruin the nostalgia?}


We're off to see the toweeeeer....the wonderful tower of....Bok!!?

 Yummy! {Mwahaha} ;)


 In which I find another friend! :)


 We eventually managed to get a fairly decent group shot with the camera sitting on top of a stack of shoes and purses on the bench....:P

 LA TORRE!!! ;)

 The golden door, which I will actually touch one of these days. ;)

 


The giant lily pads which I always dreamed of floating on.....


 Well, it's been a lovely day! My friend wishes you all a good day and invites you to visit him sometime. :)
It's not all just flowers and swans...there are frogs too!!

The Lord bless and keep you till we meet again! :)





7 comments:

  1. I loved the post, Mary! That was a hilarious introduction! We will never tire of La Torre, will we?!
    I have such precious memories there with you, my children, I will always cherish those times.

    How you photograph God's glorious Creation always amazes me and makes me smile.

    Love,
    Mama

    PS Mama and Tina, sorry you couldn't post your comments -- we'll try and get that fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! Mary!! That place is so beautiful! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. :) I loved the pictures of those lovely old doors with vines growing on them. I'd love to go to Bok Tower sometime.
    Love,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Mary, those are absolutely wonderful pictures! I don't care how many pink and purple flowers there are! And boy, do I wish I had the energy to "fly" like Margaret Annie and CJ! Beautiful pictures of Mama and her boys, and all the girlies! I love it!

    Love,
    Grandmother"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw-- I forgot to mention that I thought all of your "attempts" at pictures of your Mama and the boys were soo precious!!
    Love ya!
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Mary, looks like y'all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty place! It looks like you all had a lovely day. Beautiful photos.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look's like y'all had fun!!!!!!!!



    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We would LOVE to hear from you. Please leave us a comment!!