Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bok Tower

 
Bok Tower has always been one of our favorite places to spend a lovely afternoon. We have so many wonderful memories of going there with our Mama. She's spent so much time and effort encouraging us to love the outdoors, especially horticulture--taking dominion over the land for God's honor and glory. What a fun way to cultivate that passion for God's Creation!
Here are some pictures--most of them I've already posted on Facebook, but for those of you who aren't on there, I'll post them here as well. :o)

The Lord bless y'all,







Beautiful Beautyberries. ;o)








 


Mama and her boys. :o)



The Singing Tower




Woah, dude...Don't get so close. The kids are startin' to think one of us isn't secure in our manliness...I mean I've never been called a girl before, but well, you know..."
(I hate to ruin the romantic nature of this picture, but I believe they are both males...) :oP
"...It's the way you wiggle your tail, dude. I'm telling you!"
"What?! You done pulled my tail feathers out last week!"



Ahh! Breathtaking.


For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 







6 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures Mary!!! That sure is a beautiful place. I especially love the pictures up on that hill. It makes me wanna be out there right now...
    And the squirrel (so cute!) reminds me of our "Greyback" (who drowned himself in the dog bowl :-( )

    Y'all please come see us soon!

    Laney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures don't even begin to capture how beautiful it is. I'd love to take y'all there someday. :o) Haha, yeah I remember y'all tellin us about Greyback the squirrel. :oP Too bad he drowned...Poor thing. :o(

    Can't wait to see y'all again!

    Love,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I have always wanted to go there. So you live in FL? Me too! Small world isn't it. :)
    I love the picture of the squirrel, they are so adorable, but mean little things to a gardener. ;)
    Have a wonderful day, ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kels! Thanks for stopping by! :o) Yep--we live in Florida...I'd love to meet y'all sometime!

    God Bless,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a peaceful place. We love to go there to listen to the stillness.

    I love the pic of "Momma and her boys". Seems like just yesterday when it was momma and (just) the girls. What a blessing.

    Great photography, btw.

    Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous post! I too love Bok Tower. Had a wonderful picnic there with my dear hubby once - so romantic. Of course I have loved going there so many times. The sunrise Easter service has always been wonderful hasn't it?

    Mary - your swan picture was amazing and the comment was hilarious!!!

    Love,
    A.Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We would LOVE to hear from you. Please leave us a comment!!